Current career opportunities at St. Francis Friends of The Poor Inc.
PART TIME (BOOK-KEEPR / CONTRACT MANAGER)
The dual role of Contract Manager / Bookkeeper within St Francis Friends of the Poor Inc. (SFFP) is to maintain SFFP records of financial transactions, process accounts payable and receivable, and work closely with our accounting partners during our upcoming fiscal audit.
The following book-keeping responsibilities associated with the position include but are not limited to
· Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
· Verify that transactions are recorded appropriately
· Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
· Match purchase orders with invoices
· Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
· Compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
· Maintain internal control systems
· Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Prepare checks, payments and bank deposits
· Liaison with SFFP’s accounting partners
· Assist with audits
· Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
Contract Management responsibilities associated with the position include but are not limited to
· Submit quarterly reports (UBR) to the DOHMH & DHS
· Submit budget modifications for annual closeout of the contracts
· Respond to appropriate requests for contract information from DOHMH & DHS
· Liaison with the finance department of the DOHMH & DHS on all questions related to the accurate accounting of the contract
· Maintain all documentation needed for fiscal audits requested by the DOHMH & DHS
· Maintain historical records by filing documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume and cover letter to
Looking forward to hearing from you.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Entry level
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: 4-year degree
Job Type: Part – Time
Career Level: Entry
Education: High School or equivalent
Category: Property Management
Job Description: Per Diem Front Desk Clerk in a supportive housing Residence
St. Francis Friends of the Poor was established to offer permanent housing with supportive services in a community setting for the chronically mentally ill. Our goal is to enrich the humanity and dignity of the men and women we serve. Our hope is to achieve this goal through the humanity and dignity of those who come together to offer this service.
The St. Francis Residences are looking for a Per Diem Front Desk Clerk to undertake all receptionist, clerical, and minor facilities management services at the desk of our main entrance. You will be the “face” of the organization for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Develops and maintains office forms and procedures, and assists with administrative tasks.
• Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
• Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, tenants and others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, official or department.
• Operates office equipment as required.
• Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
• Maintains office supply inventory.
• Functions as a liaison between tenants and program staff
• Cleans lounge and first floor & removes garbage as needed
• Answer daily telephone calls, take detailed messages, sort and distribute resident parcels and mail, and accept/record package deliveries in a timely manner
• Ensure safety of the building, lobby, and all common areas, and report occurrences or concerns
• Enforce building policies and procedures outlined in desk manual and precisely log all building activities
• Respond to all emergency situations by alerting management, following safety precautions, and accurately documenting through a daily log
• Assist management in resident activities and attend all required meetings
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.Requirements
• Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
• Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
• Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
• Proficient in English (oral and written)
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
• Strong communication and people skills
• Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
• Problem-solving skills
• Customer service orientation
• High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus
Please forward resume and cover letter to
St. Francis Friends of the Poor, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.