Current career opportunities at St. Francis Friends of The Poor Inc.
Job Type: Part – Time
Career Level: Entry
Education: High School or equivalent
Category: Property Management
Job Description: Per Diem Front Desk Clerk in a supportive housing Residence
St. Francis Friends of the Poor was established to offer permanent housing with supportive services in a community setting for the chronically mentally ill. Our goal is to enrich the humanity and dignity of the men and women we serve. Our hope is to achieve this goal through the humanity and dignity of those who come together to offer this service.
The St. Francis Residences are looking for a Per Diem Front Desk Clerk to undertake all receptionist, clerical, and minor facilities management services at the desk of our main entrance. You will be the “face” of the organization for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Develops and maintains office forms and procedures, and assists with administrative tasks.
• Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly.
• Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, tenants and others and refers, when necessary, to the appropriate person, official or department.
• Operates office equipment as required.
• Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
• Maintains office supply inventory.
• Functions as a liaison between tenants and program staff
• Cleans lounge and first floor & removes garbage as needed
• Answer daily telephone calls, take detailed messages, sort and distribute resident parcels and mail, and accept/record package deliveries in a timely manner
• Ensure safety of the building, lobby, and all common areas, and report occurrences or concerns
• Enforce building policies and procedures outlined in desk manual and precisely log all building activities
• Respond to all emergency situations by alerting management, following safety precautions, and accurately documenting through a daily log
• Assist management in resident activities and attend all required meetings
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.Requirements
• Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
• Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
• Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
• Proficient in English (oral and written)
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
• Strong communication and people skills
• Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
• Problem-solving skills
• Customer service orientation
• High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus
Please forward resume and cover letter to
St. Francis Friends of the Poor, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.